How do I pay?
Cheques dated April 15th, 2017 or post-dated as required will be accepted by mail and at drop-in registration sessions. Cash payments are also accepted at drop-in registration sessions.
What do players get as part of registration?
All players receive a team shirt and ball cap from RMMSA. Mite, Squirt, PeeWee and Bantam-Midget players wear a uniform pant. Each teamís coaches discuss and decide on the pant, which players purchase separately.
Please note that although the Registration Form asks for shirt sizes, we can only guarantee size for players registered by April 6th 2017.
When does the season open?
Softball season opens on May 1st, 2017 weather permitting. Schedules will start up on their regular day(s) of play after May 1st.
What are the game days and times for each division?
- T-Ball†games are on Monday from 6 pm to 7 pm, May 1 to June 26, and Fun Day Tournament Saturday, June 17 2017.
- 5-Pitch†games are on Wednesday from 6 pm until 7:30 pm, May 3 to June 28, and†Fun Day Tournament Saturday, June 17 2017.
- Mite, Squirt, PeeWee and Bantam-Midget†divisions start with warm up†practices in April. These teams play in the Rural Ottawa Softball League. Games†may begin May 1st and the season concludes with playoffs from June 23rd to 25th, 2017 for Mites and PeeWees, and from†July 7th to 9th, 2017 for Squirt and Bantam-Midget divisions. Home games will be at the Munster Main diamond or at Richmond Lionís Park Diamond # 1 during the regular season. Away games may be in towns and villages such as Manotick, Osgoode, Kenmore, Greely or Leitrim. Game time is usually 6:30 to 8:30, Sunday through Wednesday.
Coaches will schedule team practices to develop skills and strategy. It is important that players attend practices. Also, the convenor will schedule occasional skill development and batting practice sessions.
What about warm-ups before the season starts?
All Mite, Squirt, PeeWee and Bantam-Midget players will practice in April. Pre-season warm-ups start in early April with indoor sessions (time and location TBD). Outdoor practice will start when weather and conditions permit.
April warm-up sessions this year may include introductory pitching skills for 5-Pitch players. 5-Pitch players may also be invited to a skill development and batting practice in May or June.
What dates should I keep in mind?
- Team Photo Day May 16th at the South Carleton HS Gym C (schedule)
- T-Ball and 5-Pitch seasons conclude with the Fun Day Tournament on Saturday June 17, 2017 at the Munster Main and Munster North Diamonds.
- Mite and PeeWee teams play a 12 game schedule from May 1st until June 21st, then have their playoff tournament from Friday June 23rd until Sunday June 25th.
- Squirt and Bantam-Midget teams play a 12 game schedule from May 1st until June 28th, then the season concludes with the Playoff Tournament from†July 7 to 9, 2017.
Last updated March 27th, 2017